Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When I Grow Up

On the way to school this morning, the three kids and I were having a nice little chat about growing up. The downside of being a military family, is that we move a lot, so my son naturally wanted to know how long we'd be staying in Florida.

I told him that this was it; we were living here, probably until the Diva, the youngest, got finished with college.

"Where will we move after that?" he asked.

"Um... your dad and I might not move anywhere. I don't know where you and your sisters will be living."

...

"Once you're done with college, you're getting your own place," I informed him.

...

"Diva is going to live with me," the Artist proclaimed. "I'll take care of her and make her corn dogs."

"I want hot dogs," Diva piped in.

"Hot dogs," the Artist echoed.

"And fries."

"And fries," the Artist agreed.

...

So, it seems my son is planning on never leaving home, and my daughters are going to live together forever, and probably collect cats.

Excellent.

...

I forgot about the link of the week, and it's only week two. That bodes well.

Anyway, here's a little site I love and use to bore my friends with useless information.

Trivial Trivia

Don't laugh, I've won contests.

4 comments:

  1. how much did your kids cry in the 2 minutes it took for you to explain that you wouldn't be abandoning them but that's just the time where kids move out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls seem just fine with the idea that they'll eventually have to move out. Heck, they'd move out tomorrow if they could afford their own place. My son... I think he really believes I'm making it all up as some kind of elaborate joke. He just smiles at me, like, "good one, Mom" and that's about it. He truly believes he's living with us forever. And he's really, really not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, since they are remaking favorite TV shows like 90210 and Melrose Place, you and your family could continue living together and do a reality TV version of the Waltons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd need just a few more kids to qualify for a Waltons remake... and I think it's already being done. Are you familiar with a family named Dugger?

    ReplyDelete