Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Up Side

Even job loss has it's up side.

I'm really enjoying spending more time with my kids. The Diva and I are becoming of one mind, although I'm not sure yet if that is a good thing, or a bad thing. I'm getting a better grasp on what my two older kids are doing in school. And, bonus, we went to the pool today.

The Scientist staid home from school yesterday. I'm a horrible judge of when a child is faking, which, he was. All I know is the one time I pushed the issue and sent him to school, he threw up. Since then, I'm as plyable as play-doh.

I did have him watch the President, if only because I thought the arguements against this kind of, oh, I don't know, making our children resposnible for their own actions, were beyond absurd. It was short, and nothing he hadn't heard from his father and I before. The Artist watched it with her class, but I'm afraid, at six, it mostly went over her head.

I'm working on the second half of my life story, which I'm certain the not knowing is keeping people up at night. That was sarcasm. However, I also want to regularly, say on Wednesdays, put up a link to something I find on the web. I know! It's never been done before! That was also sarcasm.

So, I present: Kingdom of Loathing

It's a point-and-click, stick figure, turn based, well... adventure? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've been playing for years and can't get enough.

Enjoy!

2 comments: